Saturday, January 29, 2011

keepin it real.

Over lunch with the girlies and gent, CG requested for a blogpost on the happenings of my life, so.. here goes.. 2011 thus far. Apologies my life is pretty damn average, for a pretty average person of course ;)



[Cintia Dicker by Anne Menke for Marie Claire France September 2010 ]


Places:
Anne Leibovitz - American photographer's exhibition at the MCA. Taught me about perspective when one image struck me hard - the detail and courage Leibovitz had, to photograph her close friend - Susan Sontag's funeral. Searing and emotionally fraught photographs that are simple but madly powerful. She's well known for her works in Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and Vogue. Thanks EG.

Mirazozo - Opera House - A unique and clever large scale inflatable sculpture made from translucent vinyl illuminated by a combination of light & colours. This was a very fun day :)

Beaches. Can I say more? Hells to the no. I am now a very tanned person. Healthy tan of course. I dont want to be leathery, because people will make shoes out of me. That will be sad. Like how they turned Boxer from Animal farm into glue. That made me very sad.

People:
Met some real life lynchpins (stole this word off DF (one of the lynchpins I've favoured) and I quite like it). It's amazing to see what people think of you when you tell them your story. Stories are such wonderful gifts that many don't appreciate. I love them. x

Hang time with my beloved KM and PC. Will and Grace, wine and talking about boys. Love x

My most rad and closest friends have resigned from work. As much as I am heartbroken and completely ridculously devastated, I do wish them happy times from here on. I have created a shrine for you at work. Lies!  Do you think Im a freak? I've only just kept locks of your hair. Baha!

Best friend got engaged and was asked to be maid of honour. What a blessing. :) Exciting times. I enjoyed the bridal lingerie catwalk most. Mmm. Hello good lookin men. Lovin' fashion catwalks in general. Congratulations to the good lookin couple VL and VN.

Attended the beautiful wedding of A and A Woodford. Just beautiful.

Things:
Gym - going pretty hard or just go home ;)
Skating - Love x
Online Shopping - Have recently upped the spend so I thank you strong AUD or not.
Couch time  - Hells to the yeah. Join me?
Picnics - double like!

So umm.. stop stalking me. Why are you so obsessed with me?!


Lies! I love it.

Back to work now.




[ Fernanda Tavares for Vogue Brazil November 2010 by Patrick & Victor Demarchelier ]


Love me. x

No comments: